Saturday, September 10, 2016

10. September: Tukuma Sporta un Veselības

Sports event  (Post from Tanja)

On the tenth of september there was a big sports event in Tukums, that I attended because Ligzda had a stand there. The children enjoyed making colourful medals with us. When there weren't many kids at our stand, I was allowed to go and watch some of the performances, so I saw some dancing, some people doing karate, some guys showing off their strength by doing pull ups and the flag, but most of all I enjoyed the Greentrials; a group of young bmx riders that go to different events to perform. 
That day I also met Reno, a French volunteer working in Bauska who was helping out at the sports event.
I was totally amazed by how many children took part in the event. It really is a great thing that people take care of their health and participate in sports groups for fun and not because some school makes them. 
In Germany I knew a lot of kids that would prefer sitting at home doing stuff alone, which in my opinion is quite sad, because it isn't good at all for their health and they don't get to meet a lot of people that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment