Thursday, September 22, 2016

22. Oktober: Tanjas first workshop for kids

Creating kites   (Post from Tanja)

That saturday I held my first workshop for kids at Ligzda. Honestly, I was super excited and extremely nervous. I didn't know how many kids would come but I didn't think there would be a lot, because I hadn't done a lot of advertisement on media.
Also, Leonardo, the previous volunteer had told me, that usually there aren't a lot of people attending.

So when suddenly ten kids arrived, I was positively surprised. Of course, not everything worked out exactly as I had planned it, but in the end, everybody had a pretty kite.  :)
Andris and some of the others who were first to finish went outside and tried them out. They really did fly!  :)

As I mentioned, we made kites.
Because I am interested in upcycling and love the idea of being able to make art out of rubbish, we used plastic bags to create them. So the next time you want to fly a kite instead of spending a lot of money on a new one, just get out your trash and make it yourself  ;)



This is how it works:

You need a plastic bag (80cm x 45cm), rope, two sticks (each 45cm), something to decorate the tail with and duck tape

1. Cut open a plastic bag.
2. Measure a piece 80cm  x  45cm
3. Measure 20cm from the two short sides and mark it
4. Measure 15cm from the top on the short sides and connect the point at the top that is 20cm from the edges with the new point.
5. Cut off the corners.
6. Glue on the sticks.
7. Glue on a pretty face.
8. Make the tail.
9. Connect the two ends with a 110cm long piece of rope.
10. Connect that piece of rope with a very long piece that you will use to hold it.
Finished!!!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment